Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) participates in the State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) Managed Care
Program (Medicaid). As a part of Medicaid, Community provides both Children’s Medicaid and Medicaid for Pregnant
Women. These programs are free to U.S. residents who cannot afford health insurance.
Under the Medicaid Program, eligible Medicaid clients choose an HMO and a Primary Care Provider (PCP) to
provide all primary care services and to arrange for and coordinate referrals for all medically-necessary
For Children’s Medicaid, income levels that determine eligibility vary based on age and Medicaid program.
Eligible participants for Medicaid for Pregnant Women must be at 185% of the Federal Poverty Level
(FPL) or lower. Children’s Medicaid covers a child up through the month of his or her 21st birthday, and Medicaid for Pregnant
Women covers a child-bearing woman of any age. Members must re-certify every six months.
Community provides its Medicaid Members with access to comprehensive medical care, including services such as
hospital care, surgery, X-rays, physical/speech/occupational therapies, prescription drugs, emergency
services, transplants, and regular health checkups
Members receive unlimited, medically-necessary prescriptions through the Medicaid Vendor Drug Formulary.
- Adults get one physical exam per year, not covered in regular Medicaid
- Dental services for all Members through Texas Health Steps, including dental benefits for adults
over age 21
- Behavioral Health services
- Vision benefits, including contact lenses
- Fun Member events at Moody Gardens, the Houston Zoo, the Children’s Museum, and Rockets Games in
Harris Service Area
- Fun Member events at Moody Gardens, the Children’s Museum, Sports Connection, South Texas Fair, and
Holiday events with Santa in Jefferson Service Area
- Gifts for on-time Texas Health Steps checkups up to age two
- Kids Club contests
- Memberships to Boys & Girls Club or Neighborhood Centers, Inc. in your area
- Web site Baby Showers and Baby and Me Academy Childbirth Classes for pregnant Members
- 24-Hour Nurse Help Line
- Transportation program assistance
- Care Management Program for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancies
- School sports physicals
- Discount up to $40 for sports recreation programs
- Lifeline Assistance Program - 250 free minutes
- Help with Medicaid recertification